NDIA New England’s Soldier Innovation Day with Natick Labs, June 12, 2015 @ Umass Lowell
Join the NDIA New England Chapter on Friday, June 12, 2015 to learn more about U.S. Army science and technology initiatives developed at the Natick Soldier Systems Center (NSSC), also referred to as the Natick Labs. At this half-day event, the U.S. Army Research, Development, and Engineering Command (RDECOM), the U.S. Army Natick Soldier Research, Development, and Engineering Center (NSRDEC), and the U.S. Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine (USARIEM) will give presentations about NSSC’s Science & Technology (S&T) challenge areas, focus areas, and future solicitations. To register visit the NDIA NE Website: www.ndianewengland.org. Click herefor the full announcement on FedBizOpps.
When: Friday June 12, 2015 from 7:15 AM to 11:30 AM
Where: UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center, 50 Warren St, Lowell, MA 01852
Pricing: NDIA Members: $100, Non-Members: $150
Sponsors: MassDevelopment, UMass Lowell, IEEE
Contact: Maggie Schoening @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for a one-of-a-kind event featuring a hiring fair, networking opportunities and workshops tailored for veteran job seekers, active duty military members, guard and reserve members, and military spouses.
To register please visit HiringOurHeroes.org.
||All Veterans Career Fair||
A hiring event for veterans and military spouses
Over 100 exhibitors registered!
Over 500 registered attendees!
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is currently hiring Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) at the Nantucket Memorial Airport (ACK). A new Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) is now posted to allow interested individuals to apply for TSO positions.
- Below is a flyer announcing the job opportunity, an Airport Fact Sheet, and a “How to Apply” document (which assists job seekers in navigating the USAJOBS.gov internet site).
- The Job Opportunity Announcement is open through February 17, 2015.
- The JOA is for a full-time permanent Federal position with full Federal benefits, including paid, ongoing training, flexible work schedules, a retirement plan, paid time off, and more.
- This position may be eligible for a retention incentive of 20% of base pay at this location.
- For an excellent overview of what it is like to work for TSA watch the “Realistic Job Preview” at https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov/tsajobs/ and click on the TSA officer image on the left side of the page.
- To find the current JOA or learn of other JOAs, go to USAJOBS.GOV and enter TSO (Transportation Security Officer) or TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in the “keyword” search box and airport’s city/state in the “location” search box. Or, please reference the “How to Apply” document below.
As background, the TSA is a part of the Department of Homeland Security. The TSA has a presence at more than 450 airports nationwide, effectively and efficiently screening nearly 2 million passengers a day. Almost 25% of the TSA’s workforce of approximately 50,000 security officers, inspectors, directors, air marshals and mangers are veterans of the U.S. military. More than 50% of TSOs have been with TSA for more than 5 years. For additional information about working for the TSA, visit http://www.tsa.gov/careers.
TO APPLY FOR THE NEW OPPORTUNITY PLEASE SEE THE LINKS BELOW: