||All Veterans Career Fair||
A hiring event for veterans and military spouses
Over 100 exhibitors registered!
Over 500 registered attendees!
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is currently hiring Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) at the Nantucket Memorial Airport (ACK). A new Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) is now posted to allow interested individuals to apply for TSO positions.
- Below is a flyer announcing the job opportunity, an Airport Fact Sheet, and a “How to Apply” document (which assists job seekers in navigating the USAJOBS.gov internet site).
- The Job Opportunity Announcement is open through February 17, 2015.
- The JOA is for a full-time permanent Federal position with full Federal benefits, including paid, ongoing training, flexible work schedules, a retirement plan, paid time off, and more.
- This position may be eligible for a retention incentive of 20% of base pay at this location.
- For an excellent overview of what it is like to work for TSA watch the “Realistic Job Preview” at https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov/tsajobs/ and click on the TSA officer image on the left side of the page.
- To find the current JOA or learn of other JOAs, go to USAJOBS.GOV and enter TSO (Transportation Security Officer) or TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in the “keyword” search box and airport’s city/state in the “location” search box. Or, please reference the “How to Apply” document below.
As background, the TSA is a part of the Department of Homeland Security. The TSA has a presence at more than 450 airports nationwide, effectively and efficiently screening nearly 2 million passengers a day. Almost 25% of the TSA’s workforce of approximately 50,000 security officers, inspectors, directors, air marshals and mangers are veterans of the U.S. military. More than 50% of TSOs have been with TSA for more than 5 years. For additional information about working for the TSA, visit http://www.tsa.gov/careers.
TO APPLY FOR THE NEW OPPORTUNITY PLEASE SEE THE LINKS BELOW:
Noble Supply and Logistics is looking to fill several job vacancies in the South Shore. They are specifically looking to hire veterans!
Please use the link below to find out more:
Veterans Education Panel
Tuesday, November 18th
Rm. 152, 1000 Mass. Ave., Cambridge, MA
Cambridge College hosts a panel discussion on veterans seeking higher education post-deployment.
Asst. District Director
U.S. Small Business Association
Veteran Outreach Coordinator
Red Sox Foundation & Mass. General Hospital
Home Base Program
Cambridge College Alumnus
Follow the conversation on Twitter:
RSVP TO: JACKIE.IANNONE@CAMBRIDGECOLLEGE.EDU
NEW ENGLAND Regional Veteran Small Business Opportunity Showcase
Friday, November 14th at 9:00am
Mechanics Hall, 321 Main St. Worcester, MA
Don’t miss this opportunity to meet Procurement Decision Makers from the federal government and the governments of Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Vermont.
Certified and procurement ready veteran owned small businesses can speak directly with procurement decisions makers to discuss contract requirements.
And, for veteran owned small businesses that are not quite ready to bid on contracts, this is a great opportunity to learn how to become certified and procurement ready.
To register or find more information, use this link: